Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Thoughts on "Minnelli Magic" by Shannon


Hi Everyone,
I know I'm the one who posts the fewest words most of the time...But I'd like to let you in on my thoughts for a moment,if I may.
As I have read many of the reviews of this year and years past the line "Minnelli Magic" appears most it seems to me. So last night I was trying to put into words what I thought some of that magic could be. First off,I believe the average concert goer,goes to a Liza Minnelli concert to be entertained for an evening. Now,when they take they're seats in the theater,they should not dwell on rumors,stories and weight.Because therefore they're seeing the seams and not the satin. Let this so called magic she weaves take over and see just how maybe you'll come out of it thinking or feeling differently.
Ms. Minnelli has often said "I consider myself an actress who sings,not a singer who acts."
Liza has many songs that she has performed over the years many times,but,she'll bring a song like "The World Goes Round" a new life. Breathing new air into it. Liza has an uncanny ability to do multilayered lyrical interpretations and her inflection she imposes on just ONE word means everything. This magic Liza does...It is NOT a trick with steel cages,boxes,keys,locks,chains and rabbits. Its not a trick at ALL...she makes you feel! Liza maybe made you think differently about a situation you had that day,your relationship,motivated you,gave you hope,energized you. Liza made you feel.
So many of her songs someone can relate to.Some aspect of they're life they are seeing performed live,right in front of them.
Also,usually at some point during the show a cultivating friendship happens between Liza and her audience. Her audience is absolutely without reservation...HERS.She never allows there focus to stray. It is her job to entertain. She leaves a mark in song on your soul. In my mind and heart her presence on the stage is everlasting.
If thats not magic,I don't know what is.
"Listen to the Song of Life"
Shannon

No comments: