Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Thursday, December 20, 2007

For Liza...from a fan, Louise.


Liza signing for Louise...





For Liza......






When I sit alone and in the dark,



I think of a dance and a song,



I think of Liza on the stage,



a place where we both belong,






I see her standing alone on a stage,



I hear that very first tune,



I feel her music running through my veins,



She shines more than the brightest moon,






Liza gives me courage,



to sing the songs that I love,



I feel that music running through my veins,



like angels flying above,






Liza you make me stand up tall,



you make me believe in what I want to believe,



you're the same person on and off stage,



you never ever deceive,






When I think of my wonderful Liza may,



I think of survival and that I'll always pull through,



I think of all the magic you gave me,



I wish I could sing beside you,






I wish I could tell you how much you mean to me,



that I'll always be supporting you,



I still remember your magical hugs,



you made all my dreams come true,






and even though your miles away,



and I can only see you on TV,



I look at you and it bring a smile,



the way you encouraged me,






I love you Liza, my Liza May,



you'll never truly know how I feel,



But I know in my heart there was a special bond,



you make my dreams become real,












There are very few people that can touch you soul, having never met them before. Liza has given me more courage and more strength than I ever thought I would have. Through her music, through her words. She amazes me and I will always be in awe of such a fantastic performer and in my eyes, my mentor.






Thank you Liza.









Love Louise



1 comment:

angie said...

I can't tell you how amazing that night was! To see Liza, right there in front of us...signing my baby's arm! Thank you Sammy for posting this picture and beautiful poem that Louise wrote..she has such an amazing way with words...brings tears to my eyes...Lots of Love to you Sammy, my dear friend.
Angie