Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

FRIENDS OF LIZA! posted by Liza fan Jenn on Lesbian Icon poll...


I'm really surprised Liza isn't higher up than just 11 (although, take that, Cher! ;)) I'd actually had a conversation about this several months ago, and I hope this is kosher to mention on here. I pointed out that, for as much as Judy had the strong following of gay men (and their loving term Friends of Dorothy), Liza has just as strong a following of lesbians (and yes, speaking firsthand here). So I coined my own similar phrase for us (which has delighted me to no end every time I've seen it put to use properly! :D) - Friends of Liza. I wonder if Liza's aware of us?Love, Jenn
more coments from Liza fan Angie...
Hi Guys,

My thought on this...
I think Liza, Bette and Babs would be # 1, 2 & 3..on the list of
Gay Men's list...not lesbian...just my thought.

But Liza is my NUMBER ONE!

As a lesbian...I don't' agree with this list...not totally.
Here's my list:

Liza Minnelli
Ellen Degeneres
Faith Hill
Martina McBridePink
(the L word ladies): Jennifer Beals, Katherine Moennig
Cher

That's all I can think of at the moment,
I'm sure there are many many more...
Maybe in MY mind, these ladies are my icons
and who I think are so totally gorgeous and hot!

just one more thought I have to tell ya'll.
I was watching an episode of Boston Legal last night,
which by the way is my favorite show...anyway,
to make a long story short,
At the end of the show where Alan and Denny are sitting
on their balcony smoking cigars and drinkin their scotch....
Alan had a gun to his head earlier and they talked about
when that was happening to him, he didn't think about
the people who loved him, he thought about the people HE
loved...and of course Denny says...Me! "no" Alan says,
"it was Liza Minnelli"......

Scene and cut! Priceless!

Lots of Love,
Angie

No comments: