Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Monday, June 28, 2010

LIZA AT WENTE VINEYARDS, THURSDAY, JUNE 24, 2010, by ~ Patrick O Sanchez

Hi Kids! It's been a busy week for me, but now here is my review!


First of all I took my mom with me to see Liza's concert. It was my birthday present to her. We had dinner in the restaurant and we had a wonderful time. As we go outside to find our seats we find it to be very cold and windy. We had to buy a blanket. Everyone was cold. I thought to myself OMG! Liza is going to be cold too! I was looking around to see if they had heat lamps, but there were none. Now it's time for Liza to start. I can see her backstage standing there shivering before she comes out. As soon as the band starts to play shes gets in Liza mode! She opens with "Teach Me Tonight" and she was a little shaky. I blame it on the weather. Every time she opened her mouth you could she her breathe. That's how cold it was. After the first song she asked the audience if we were cold, because she was freezing! Someone had her sweatshirt hoodie that they toss on stage and Billy Stritch helps her with it on. The sweatshirt was covered with rhinestones with a rhinestone eagle on the back. Liza was swimming in it. She looks great! But she is so tiny now. She then sits down and sings some new stuff! Which was great. She tells us about her knee surgery and throughout the evening she keeps rubbing her knee. I'm sure the cold weather didn't help the situation. Liza asked if we minded that she sat, and everyone said "no". I could see she really wanted to get up and dance and do what she does, but she couldn't. I actually liked the intimate Liza sitting in her directors chair. She did stand for "Cabaret" "Maybe This Time" and "New York". She didn't do any costume changes and didn't take a break because of the cold weather. She said "The show must go on, and we deal with it" She went straight through for almost two hours. Towards the end of the concert she put the hoodie on her head and it was really cute. She sang "Maybe This Time" and she looked so youthful. She reminded me of when she played Little Red Riding Hood. Also her voice finally warmed up. It was great. For her encore she did " All The Lives of Me", which was wonderful and very strong. I thought it was great concert. I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to see her in December. I like her better in an indoor venue. Mother Nature wasn't on our side that day. But because Liza is such a true performer she kept going and did the best that she could. It will remain in my bag of Liza memories and I can't wait to add more to the bag!
~ Patrick O Sanchez

" Nothing like a show to sober you up!"

No comments: