Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Monday, March 24, 2014

Liza Minnelli On Hollywood Childhood, Elvis & SIMPLY LIZA

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Liza-Minnelli-On-Hollywood-Childhood-Elvis-SIMPLY-LIZA-20140318#.UzBU7s4wDFw




Looking back at her legendary heritage - the only Oscar-winning offspring of two Academy Award winners, mother Judy Garland and father Vincente Minnelli - Minnelli states of her upbringing, "I never felt I had to live up to anything!" 

Commenting upon her affection for her favorite Broadway musical, BYE BYE BIRDIE, and its real-life inspiration, Elvis Presley, Minnelli remembers, "I loved Elvis."
Yet, when questioned why she did not proceed to pursue a career in rock music, Minnelli shares, "I couldn't do that. First of all, I was a girl! But I could dance like that! Still can!"
As for her new show, SIMPLY LIZA, Minnelli reveals, "It's called SIMPLY LIZA. It's songs that I like that other people like, some of which I haven't sung in a while and some that I've never sung, [like] 'Yes [I Can]' which opens the show."



No comments: