Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Sir Bruce Forsyth to host and interview Liza Minnelli at the London Palladium

Celebrity News

Sir Bruce Forsyth to host and interview Liza Minnelli at the London Palladium

By 
Two titans of entertainment will collide in a one-off special event at the London Palladium later this year.

Sir Bruce Forsyth will host and interview his close friend and US showbiz icon Liza Minnelli on Sunday, September 20.

Bruce Forsyth and Liza Minnelli

Minnelli previously sang 'New York, New York' to Forsyth on his 80th birthday show on the BBC in 2008, and they will now reunite for An Evening with Liza Minnelli.

Forsyth said: "I am absolutely delighted to be spending an evening in the company of one of the truly great entertainers of our age, someone I am also lucky to know as a dear friend.

"I am looking forward to guiding her on a trip down memory lane on the stage of the greatest theatre in the world - The London Palladium, where both of us have been lucky enough to perform in many times over the years.

"She's got some great stories to tell, and I'm sure it's going to be a truly unforgettable evening." 

86th Annual Academy Awards Oscars, Arrivals, Los Angeles, America - 02 Mar 2014
Liza Minnelli



Minnelli said of Sir Bruce: "He's a marvellous, wonderful man who I consider my buddy and who I just love.

"I'm always so excited to return to Britain, which I've considered to be a second home for many years. I have so many friends there and I look forward to being back again for these special intimate evenings.

"Whenever I do concerts people always say they want to hear about me growing up, being on Broadway, in the movies, the people I've met and worked with… so this will give me a chance to share a lot more of those stories. I can't wait to see you all again!"

The Cabaret star will also perform An Intimate Evening with Liza Minnelli in Sheffield at the City Hall on Tuesday, September 22 and at the Clyde Auditorium, Glasgow on Thursday, September 24.



No comments: