Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Liza Minnelli backstage at the 2009 Tony Awards





LIZA MINNELLI
Best Special Theatrical Event
("Liza's at the Palace")



In your acceptance speech, you almost got cut off at the end. Was there anything else you wanted to say?
I have no idea. I was so surprised … I just wanted to thank my parents for the greatest gift they ever gave me: my godmother, Kay Thompson.
What do you think of Will Ferrell, who was nominated in the same Tony category as you were this year?
I’m so crazy about him. He’s so charming and he’s so talented. I watch his movies all the time.
What were you and Will Ferrell talking about on the red carpet earlier today?
We were talking about how much you liked each other.
How do you feel about being a cultural icon for so many people?
I don’t understand it. To me, I’m just a gypsy. The thing I love to do is rehearse and get up and work ... So every time people say that, I’m startled and grateful.
And what do you think about being an icon to the gay community?
A gay icon? I love it!

LIZA BACKSTAGE WITH HER TONY AWARD.

No comments: