Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Monday, June 22, 2009

Liza Minnelli ~ with Carla Hay on Examiner.com


Liza Minnelli is a ball of energy who’s still a force to be reckoned with, after a career spanning several decades. She’s also one of the few entertainers who’s won at least one Oscar, Grammy, Tony, Emmy and Golden Globe. When I talked with Minnelli before this year’s Tony Awards, she admitted to being nervous about her nomination. (In addition to performing at the show, Minnelli was nominated for best theatrical event, for "Liza’s at the Palace.") She needn’t have been too worried, because she won later that night. And guests in the gift lounge got to see Minnelli gush over the Vera Bradley duffel bags and strut her stuff with Jane Fonda as the two women bonded over the LaDuca Couture footwear, which has a special pair of shoes named after Minnelli.
You’ve accomplished so much in career. What do you want to accomplish that you haven’t done yet?
Everything better. "Do it again and do it better." That’s my motto.
Do you ever give yourself a break and pat yourself on the back?
No, I really don’t. If I said that [something I did] was awesome, I’d be resting on my laurels.
You’ve taken your show on the road for over two years. What have been some of the highlights?
Standing on the Palace stage and knowing that Sophie Tucker did that, Eddie Cantor —everyone I wanted to be like and who influenced me, my mother. You can feel it right out of the ground.

No comments: