Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Liza in 'The Act' a memory, from Bryan


I seem to recall that there was a fire, in Liza's apartment, and she had some smoke-inhalation, which, because she was onstage, I think, all but 4 MINUTES of the show, there was NO Way the show could go on w/out her...?

As Liza said, accepting the Tony for 'The Act', "The thing I like best is to work, and work hard. The thing I like second-best is when someone says: you did a good job..." She worked her ass off, during the run of the show, the touring beforehand, and "NY, NY" was waiting in the wings....She's Simply a Wonder!
The rest, as I recall, of Liza's acceptance of the Tony, was: "...so Thank You, and thanks to everyone connected w/our show, they know who they are."
Bryan

No comments: