Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

LIZA inspires STREISAND to perform live...


Streisand returns to end crippling stage fright...London (ANI): American singer Barbra Streisand has decided to end her retirement from singing in order to get over the crippling stage fright she’s been stricken with for 27 years. Streisand, 67, revealed that she has been terrified of performing ever since she forgot her lines during a free concert in New York’s Central Park in the 1980s.


Buzz up!And she admits she “didn’t perform again until they’d invented teleprompters” but even with the assistance of technology she has struggled to maintain her composure onstage. She recently returned after a lengthy break to perform at a jazz club in New York on September 26, 48 years after she first sang there, and says that her desire to rid herself of the stage fright gave her the courage.


“One day I was at my friend Donna Karan’s house and Liza Minnelli got up to sing, and I thought, How can she do that?” the Daily Express quoted her as saying. “I thought, ‘Why can’t I do that’. It started me thinking I should go back to performing again,” she explained.

Streisand adds she was terrified her weekend show would be a flop, because she hadn’t tested her voice in more than 18 months. “I haven’t sung since last January, and I never vocalise, because it’s so boring. I’ve prayed a lot that my voice will still be there,” she added.

Tags: barbra streisand. Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 16:42

No comments: