Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Gary Labriola, Liza's longtime road manager, died unexpectedly on Sunday, Oct. 17, 2010.

From the Love Liza list group


Very sad to learn today that Gary Labriola, Liza's longtime road manager, died unexpectedly on Sunday, Oct. 17, 2010.

His passing has been confirmed by Billy Stritch, who said funeral arrangements were pending and he had no other info

at this time.

To the best of my knowledge Gary and his family lived in Coral Springs, Florida.

Another loss for longtime Liza fans who had come to know Gary.

Beverly Fauvre

1 comment:

avi duvdevani said...

My heart goes out to Boomer and his Family. Gary has been very kind to me over the years and supported many of my 45 years as a Liza fan and acquaintance. I most fondly recall spending several hours with him in the basement of NYC City Hall while Liza was getting ready to go on stage to perform NYNY for Mayor Bloomberg's second Inaugural Jan 2006. As a 38 year veteran of NYC government, who spent many times in that same basement on work related stuff over the years, it is one of my best memories of Liza and Gary. The last I saw him (with Boomer..who was equally kind to me several times backstage w/Liza) was at Birdland for the Johnny Rodgers Concert, 12/29/08 (see copyright Photo by Steve Sorokoff at http://www.flickr.com/photos/15577825@N00/3164249770/sizes/z/in/photostream/ )where we shared some words regarding the LIZA'S AT THE PALACE performance on Broadway that month. Ill miss Gary, as I know will many of the people whose lives he touched ..especially Liza.