Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Thursday, October 21, 2010

LIZA ~ VANITY FAIR "Q & A"...

VF.com
Out of the gossip columns and finally back in the studio, this ageless siren is currently on tour in support of her new album, Confessions. Bravely providing the A to our Q, Liza with a Z ponders the intricacies of family, friendship, and broccoli.

Illustration by Risko
November 2010

What is your idea of perfect happiness?


Laughter and peace of mind.

What is your greatest fear?

Fear is something one has to think through and understand.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?

Charles Aznavour.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?

Anxiety.


What is the trait you most deplore in others?

Rudeness and inconsideration.

What is your greatest extravagance?

Generosity.

What is your favorite journey?

New York to Paris.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?

Smiling when I don’t want to.

What is your greatest regret?

I never got to dance with Fred Astaire.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?

My family and the stage.

When and where were you happiest?

When I’m quietly reading under a good lamp.

What is your current state of mind?

Excellent—how about you?

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

To stand up for myself more.

If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be?

Absolutely nothing.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?

My work on behalf of AIDS.

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?

I’m so damn grateful for what I have I wouldn’t be anything else.

What is your most treasured possession?

My friendship with my godmother, Kay Thompson.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?

Pain of any kind.

Where would you like to live?

Exactly where I am … New York City.

What is your favorite occupation?

Dancer.

What is your most marked characteristic?

I don’t know—what do you think? I guess entertaining people.

What is the quality you most like in a man?

Humor.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?

Humor and honesty.

What do you most value in your friends?

Their friendship.

Who are your favorite writers?

Fred Ebb and John Kander.

What is it that you most dislike?

Broccoli and manipulation.

How would you like to die?

Not today.

What is your motto?

“Reality is something you rise above.”

No comments: