Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Liza Minnelli Stepping Out! 2015

Thursday, April 24, 2008

LIZA MINNELLI "I belong to Mexico" NUEVO DIA Newspaper


On the other side of the telephone, Liza Minnelli sounds as a girl touched. She answers happy, with a tone very harmonious, vivacious and high voice to its status of showwoman. "Hello, how are you , affection, I am marvelously", the diva of 62 years exclaims, in a little theatrical way, during our interview she explains she has been in the recording studio in New York, where she carries out her next Album, but she preferred not to give details and where, she says, they are charging a million times a minute, which is a little to how the career works. The singer and actress, winner of the Oscar, the Grammy and the Tony on Broadway, is conscious of her status as a legend in the world of the entertainment, although confesses that, to these heights of her life, she already is considered one more artist of the settings, the actress of movies or of theater, for which she rules out to star in a musical on Broadway again . "No, no longer would I do theater again); i like to travel and do my show, the truth... I prefer to do concerts. I am an artist of the setting; never have I been artist of albums, I am perhaps the only singer whose albums are basically my concerts (laughters); whats important to me is to send energy to the people with my show". The star of Cabaret confesses to be touched to return to the country to sing this Saturday in Guadalajara; Monday in the Nacional Auditorio of the DF, and Tuesday, in Puebla. "I cannot wait for to be there. I am very touched. What I will try to offer is everything that to the people they like, from 'New York, New York', to 'Cabaret'. "And I have a surprise: my sister Tina Nina (who lives in Cuernavaca for some years) she will be with me, not only among the public, but she will sing in the show; she asked me not to tell(laughters), so I will not abound in it, but I could not endure it to me, because she is very important for me. I told her: 'Nina, please!', and responded me: 'OK, but don't tell anybody!'". Liza, who will be accompanied by 12 musicians in the show, advances that will also intone themes of the singer of swing of the 1930's, Kay Thompson,” shes my Godmother and one of the people I have most admired in my life.”
"Kay was a great singer of swing; my mother and my father loved it, just like me. She was the most incredible woman and the way she celebrated the music, and that is what I want to do: Celebrating her music".
-What memories you have of your last visit to Mexico?
"Mexico is to me very beautiful, so romantic; its magical. What I remember are the pyramids; I was there and we loved it. Tina Nina accompanied me. I love Mexico because you receive the humanity, the reality and they have a very large understanding of the music. Affection, I belong to Mexico; in truth, I do not see the moment to be there".
-And what do you think that your friends, the brothers, will be your supports?
"I believe that they are of the best; always I have worshipped them. The first time that I saw him, was in The Las Vegas, and since then I have admired him. MYSELF am very proud that they open my shows".
-How do you bear the myth of your own fame?
"I do not believe that you have to fight with it, but, more well, to live with it. What one has to cause is to find the way to express herself to the people that in the reality you are like them and that they understand that, so that they understand you; that way fame has something of romanticism. ..”.
-How do you describe the legend of your parents, Judy Garland and Vincente Minnelli?
"It is difficult; my mother and my father were, how can I say!. What I learned from them went to pursue and to reach for what I wanted to do. Since the moment in which I stepped a stage I knew then that I was going to be dedicate and, I can tell you, that since I was 15 years old, I never received again a dollar of my parents".
-You yourself have been a noticeable by being a fierce combatant in the fight against AIDS...
"I believe that one has to be against any thing that kills the people; AIDS not only affects the gay community ; there are many, a lot women affected by this disease; before it, one cannot be egotist. You have to have an understanding of it and to act on the matter. I repeat to you, I am against everything that finish with the life of the people".

No comments: